Autocomplete - General
While Fast Simon automatically blends into your site’s style, this tab provides additional options to configure the Autocomplete drop down.
The drop down list includes three configurable components:
- Product and/or Category Suggestions relevant to what the customer is looking for.
- Popular Searches relevant to what the customer is typing.
- Banner that can be used for a specific promotion such as a gift card, etc.
The configurations that can be made are as follows.
- Product suggestion position - Top [default] drop down box or Bottom up box.
- Max number of product suggestions - 0-10 [4 is the default].
- Max popular search suggestions - 0-10 [4 is the default].
- Title Language - Auto [default] or force a specific language for product titles. This feature affects both Autocomplete and Search Results.
- Disable categories suggestions – when checked, do not show category suggestions [unchecked by default].
- Hide product descriptions – when checked does not show product descriptions [checked by default].
- The default is not to show products that are not sellable based on your store inventory management policy.
- Enable on IE9 and below browsers - Fast Simon does not support IE9 and below versions due to their tiny market share, and the fact that due to these browser technology, auto-completion may not work 100% of the time. However, due to some customer's requests, we allow to enable service although we do not recommend it.
- Popular products on focus – once turned on, while a customer click on the searchbox without entering any search terms, the site’s popular products will appear.
- Dim background on search input focus
- Show product thumbnails on mobile devices – due to the large range of mobile screen sizes [checked by default].
Autocomplete - Style
- Text color – when drop down appears
- Hover text color – the color of text after placing the cursor over the product.
- Hover background gradient top
- Hover background gradient bottom
- Hover background color (old browsers)
- Headers background
- Headers text color
- Dropdown background color
- Dropdown Width (px)
- Max description characters
- Border color
- Border width (px)
- Border radius (px)
- Shadow color
- Shadow horizontal (px)
- Shadow vertical (px)
- Shadow blur (px)
Autocomplete - Advanced Configuration
- Ranked Product Badge image - a promotional or "on-sale" badge image that will be shown next to ranked product
- Default Category thumbnail image – to be used when a category does not have an associated image, this image will be displayed.
- Bottom HTML Banner – add an html banner to the bottom of the drop down list with every suggestion. This can be useful for an ongoing promotions, sales, gift cards, or any other banner that you want displayed for any search. For example: <a href="/your-list-goes-here">
- Custom CSS (Advanced Customers Only) - Fast Simon allows adding custom CSS. This option is for advanced customers.
Autocomplete - Pricing
This affects both Autocomplete and Search Results
- Currency symbol position - displays currency symbol before or after.
- Price range format - from min. price, min-max price, max price
- Show price without decimal prices - when checked, prices will show as integers only.
- Avoid showing prices for non-login users - When checked, prices will show only for users that have logged in to your site.